In the Euro Disneyland case study (p. 257 in the textbook), many of the issues Disney had from the start related to cultural challenges expanding into France. Using Hofstede’s four cultural dimensions as a point of reference, how would you make the following decisions using the Business Problem Solving Model in the course content?
- Discover-Identify the problem: What were two of the three main issues described in the case that were problematic?
- Investigate-Gather information to define the problem: What were the cultural challenges posed by Disney’s expansion into France?
- Brainstorm-Produce Alternatives: In your opinion, how could Disney have resolved these issues?
- Implement-Put the best solution into effect: Of your alternatives, which one do you think would work out best? Why?
- Review-Assess the effects of the solution: Based on Disney’s experience, what are the lessons the company should have learned about how to deal with cultural issues when expanding? Describe each.
Chapters 4 & 5 in International Management: Culture, Strategy, and Behavior
“In-Depth Integrative Case Study 2.1a: Euro Disneyland” (p. 257) in International Management: Culture, Strategy, and Behavior
Kotler, P., Manrai, L., Lascu, D., & Manrai, A. (2019). Influence of country and company characteristics on international business decisions: A review, conceptual model, and propositions. International Business Review, 28(3), 482-498.
Sobol, K., Cleveland, M., & Laroche, M. (2018). Globalization, national identity, biculturalism and consumer behavior: A longitudinal study of Dutch consumers. Journal of Business Research, 82, 340-353.
Botone, D., & Grama, B. (2018). Cultural dimensions of openness as a personality factor. Cross-Cultural Management Journal, XX(2), 139-145.
should meet the following requirements:
- Be 5-6 pages in length, which does not include the title page, abstract, or required reference page, which is never a part of the content minimum requirements.
- APA (7th ed) style guidelines.
- Support your Work with course material concepts, principles, and theories from the textbook and at least 7 SEVEN W scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles.
Format for responses to all questions (i.e., an introduction, middle paragraphs, headline (and conclusion).
Make sure to include all the key points within conclusion section, which is discussed in the assignment. Your way of conclusion should be logical, flows from the body of the paper, and reviews the major points.
I would like to see more depth for the question
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."