developing a change plan for the “Alaska Airlines
In the final project, you will be developing a change plan for the “Alaska Airlines: Navigating Change” case study. In The Heart of Change Field Guide: Tools and Tactics for Leading Change in Your Organization, Cohen explains what is required from the leader and other parts of the organization to incorporate Kotter’s steps successfully as a change intervention.
Review the case study “Alaska Airlines: Navigating Change” and then complete the following: (a) State what actually occurred in the case regarding Kotter’s first two steps of establishing a sense of urgency and creating the guiding team in a change effort and (b) address each of the critical elements for Section II parts A and B in your change effort analysis. Make sure to include your recommendations for implementing Kotter’s steps 1 and 2.
- Create Urgency
- Describe a plan to create urgency within the organization and convince stakeholders that this change needs to take place.
- What processes currently exist for implementing change? How will these processes need to be updated for the proposed change?
- Describe the strategy you will use to get support from your employees. How will this strategy be effective?
- Build a Guiding Coalition
- Identify who should be involved in this guiding coalition. Provide rationale for each choice. Kotter likes 50% leaders and 50% managers with experience, while others prefer the composition to be 33% leaders, 33% managers, and 33% informal leaders, but you can assemble the guiding coalition as you see fit.
- Determine steps you can take to ensure commitment from those involved. Describe those steps.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."