Assessment 2: Branding Presentation
Develop a brand presentation of 8 12 slides for a new pet food product (or new product or line extension at your employer or future employer), using the speaker’s notes sections of each slide to expand your talking points.
Branding is a means of diﬀerentiating a product from its competitors. Branding is an important aspect of marketing because it provides a distinctive identity to a product or family of products that sets it apart from competitors. This assessment introduces the concept of brands and discusses the various ways marketers position their products within the brand structure. By the end of the assessment, you may look at branding and products a bit diﬀerently than you do right now!
Completion of this portfolio work project will help you understand the key components of a brand presentation.
The Vice President of Marketing at MSH Brands (or at your employer or future employer company) was impressed with your marketing plan submitted in Assessment 1. They have now asked you to develop a brand presentation based on this work.
You are a Brand Manager at MSH Brands (or at your employer or future employer company). You are being asked to develop a brand presentation for a new pet food product (or new product or line extension at your employer or future employer.)
You are to develop a brand presentation including the following elements based on your research, building on your work submitted in Assessment 1. Develop a PowerPoint presentation of 8–12 slides that synthesize the work, using the speaker’s notes sections of each slide to expand your talking points. Be sure your presentation includes:
- What is the brand name for the product? What role does the new product play in the brand portfolio?
- Who is the target market?
- What will be the new product’s objectives (create greater customer loyalty, increase trials, expand usage among current users, support trade relations)?
- What will be the new product position? How will it complement the objectives?
- What will be the new product competitive pricing strategy? How will it complement the objectives?
- How will this be reflected in the packaging? How will it complement the objectives?
- How will this be reflected in the promotion? How will it complement the objectives?
- How will this be reflected in the placement? How will it complement the objectives?
- PowerPoint presentation. Use Guidelines for Effective PowerPoint Presentations [PPTX] as a resource.
- 8–12 slides (in addition to the title and references slides).
- Include additional details on each slide in the speaker’s notes section.
- Additional requirements:
- Title slide.
- References slide.
- APA-formatted references from at least five sources.
- Be sure you consider the audience.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proﬁciency in the following course competencies through corresponding scoring guide criteria:
- Competency 1: Apply marketing theories and models to develop marketing strategies.
- Articulate the context of the business (product name, role in brand, target segment).
- Competency 2: Evaluate the eﬀectiveness of marketing strategies and methods.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of marketing strategies (product objectives and positioning).
- Competency 3: Use data to support evidence-based marketing decisions.
- Evaluate the marketing mix (pricing, packaging, promotion, and placement) for a product.
- Competency 5: Communicate marketing needs, opportunities, and strategies with multiple stakeholders.
- Write coherently to support a central idea with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics as expected of a business professional.
This portfolio work project demonstrates your competency in applying knowledge and skills required of a MBA learner in the workplace. Save this activity to your ePortfolio for future reference in the workplace.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."