This is the second of a series of five sequential assignments (the course project) in which you continue to act as the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of a hypothetical, e-commerce start-up company of your design.You have been tasked with delivering an information technology project plan in anticipation of the company relocating to a new facility. In the first course deliverable, you created a project plan inception document and supporting Gantt chart. This deliverable spelled out the company’s background information and business and provided an overview of the company’s information system infrastructure.In this second course project deliverable, you are responsible for developing the business requirements to be incorporated into the information systems design you are creating.Procuring quality business requirements is a critical step when designing quality information systems. Completing a quality requirements document captures user needs and expectations to facilitate the proper design of the company’s infrastructure and information systems.This assignment consists of two parts:
Part 1: Business Requirements
You will develop a 5–7 page business requirements document for your hypothetical e-commerce company as part of the overall information systems project plan you are creating. Using the Business Requirements Template [DOCX], you will speculate on the company’s current and future requirements. Your assumptions need to be carefully considered and realistic.
Part 2: Updated Gantt Chart
You will use Microsoft Project to update the supporting project Gantt chart begun in your previous course project deliverable.
- You are not creating a new Gantt chart, only updating the one you created in the previous assignment.
- You are to create or assume all necessary assumptions to successfully complete this assignment.
- You must submit both parts as separate files to the assignment area. Label each file name according to the appropriate part.
Section 1: Business Requirements Document
Using the Business Requirements Template [DOCX], you are to write a 5–7 page business requirements document for your hypothetical e-commerce company in which you:
- Describe the functional business requirements (scope) and scope control.
- Describe non-functional business requirements, such as governance, risk, and compliance.
- Describe technical requirements to integrate various e-commerce infrastructure components.
- Identify potential risks, constraints, and assumptions.
- Use three sources to support your writing. (Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. Access the library or review library guides for help with research, writing, and citation.)
Section 2: Updated Gantt Chart
Use Microsoft Project to:
- Update the previously created Gantt chart with the major and minor tasks identified in the business requirements document.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions. Note the following:
- Include a cover page containing the assignment title, your name, your professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a source list page. Citations and references must follow SWS format. The source list page is notincluded in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Write a business requirements document for a project plan.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."