Security Dark Ages
First Things First
In the linked video below, Amit Yoran, then president of RSA, spoke about “Escaping Security’s Dark Ages.” While this was from RSA Conference 2015, it’s a fascinating insight into cybersecurity at that time and it presents an opportunity to evaluate whether we’ve made it past Amit’s dark ages.
RSA Conference. (2015, April 22). Escaping Security’s Dark Ages. [YouTube].
Escaping Security’s Dark Ages_Transcript
Consider Amit’s perspective on the state of cybersecurity as you begin to complete more independent research on this topic with the following questions as your starting line. Please answer more than just the questions below in your analysis.
- What do you think about the challenges he describes and the requirements he believes are necessary to overcome them?
- How are these relevant to SIEM? What do you think are the biggest challenges facing cybersecurity today and how might SIEM help address some of those challenges?
Please plan to draw in additional independent research to support your response.
As you read your classmates’ postings, think of areas where you can expand on the subject, conduct more research to explore the topic further, or examine the subject through different lenses and perspectives.
Regarding your response to your classmates: Please highlight a new facet to build on what your classmate stated, add to the conversation, or find an alternative viewpoint and support your response with citations. It’s important to have more than “I agree” or “good point,” when responding!
Due Dates, Grading, and Discussion Board Resources
- To allow ample time for conversations to percolate, please post your initial response by Wednesday at 11:59 PM.
- Weekly discussion boards will close each Sunday at 11:59 PM.
- You are not allowed to post all of your responses on Sunday evening. All responses after 5 PM CST on the due date will be counted as a single response for grading purposes.
- To view the discussion rubric, click the three vertical dots in the upper right corner and select “Show Rubric.”
- Post an initial response and at least three follow-up posts (for a B or higher).
- Revisit the Specific Discussion Criteria page for specific discussion requirements.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."