Turn This Into A Report
1. Briefly describe your current position and responsibilities.
2. What do your subordinates expect from you on the job?
3. What are the major stresses and challenges you face on the job?
4. What, if anything, do you dislike about the job?
5. What do you like best about your job?
6. What are the critical differences between average managers and top-performing managers?
7. Think about the skills and knowledge that you need to be effective in your job. What are they, and how did you acquire them?
First interviewee answers:
1. Coordinator of Fisheries Programs at the University of the South Pacific under the Pacific Technical & Further Education (PTAFE)
2. · Responsible in managing four regional Fisheries qualifications, mainly Certificate IV and Diploma programs.
· Responsible in facilitating the delivery of Certificate IV in Coastal Fisheries & Aquaculture Compliance to Fisheries officers across 8 pacific countries.
· Responsible for the management of teaching staff (facilitators/consultants), the operational logistics and resources required, maintain currency and quality of programs and to ensure financial visibility.
3.To lead and coordinate the Fisheries program with accountability, transparency, and professionalism in ensuring that the regional qualifications are well managed through effective communication between both internal and external stakeholders.
· Also, to ensure that students under the Fisheries programs are upskilled in respective areas of their work through the qualifications that PTAFE offers.
4. Coordinating the regional qualifications with internal stakeholders i.e. different departments within the university can be a challenge as others can slow down the pace of your work. Some departments can be slow to responding to emails & calls
· Working with external partners such as the Forum Fisheries Agency (FFA) as they have high expectations on how their qualifications are delivered to students across the region.
5.That the standards of teaching and the working conditions are slowly deteriorating, affecting the quality of education offered to students.
I enjoy being part of academia and having the ability to train or facilitate participants in the field of Coastal Fisheries & Aquaculture. I also like being part of a wide range of capacity building/workshop trainings that the university provides to the staff.
6, Average managers are leaders who lack leadership skills in providing employees the necessary tools/opportunity to grow within the organization/company. They lack empathy and lead as a dictator and may avoid receiving feedback/recommendations from employees.
- A top performing manager is one who cares, listens and believes in the employees. They have qualities such as being empathetic, has a real passion to help employees to grow within the company and is willing to receive feedback.
7. Time management
- Effective communication
- Active listener
- Attention to detail
- Leadership skills
- Project management skills
- Training facilitation skills
- Program coordination skills
Most of these skills have been acquired through experiences over the years.
8. Can’t think of any.
1. Supervisor of Unarmed officers
2. Doing my best to ensure that the security officer are performing their best at their assigned posts
5. Very diverse environment/networking
6. Patience and being able to work under pressure
7. basic computer skills/ practicing
8. Not asking for help. I could’ve avoided them by asking for help.
With a conclusion in the end ( What you will learn through this assignment is not traditional “book learning” based on memorization and regurgitation, but practical knowledge and skills that help managers and other business professionals perform their jobs better. Lessons from some of the assignments—for example, goal setting—can be used for immediate benefit. Other lessons will obviously take time to accomplish, but you can still benefit now by making specific plans for future improvement. )
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."