Week 9 Assignment – Comparing Worldviews Of Major Religions
Throughout this class we have looked at the major world religions. In the textbook, we began our studies with four existential questions of religion that guide the study of religions. In this assignment we will focus on the third question: How can what is wrong in the world—and in me—be corrected? We will attempt to answer this question by comparing and contrasting two religions and their views on 1. founders/venerated ancestors and 2. ethics/virtues.
Choose two world religions that intrigue you the most from the following list:
- Indigenous religions.
Note: if you select Islam for comparison, it is suggested that you first complete a comparison chart to help guide your thinking.
Write a 2–4 page paper in which you:
- Discuss the differences and similarities of the founder/venerated ancestor of each chosen religion. Provide specific details.
- Compare the ethics/virtues of each chosen religion. Provide specific details.
- Examine how each religion might answer the third existential question including how their answers are similar and different. Use outside sources to provide evidence for your answer.
- Make a recommendation that both religions would find acceptable for living a moral life.
- Explain why you made your recommendation. Use outside sources to provide details for your explanation.
- Use two credible sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."