Human resource managers (HRM) are largely responsible for building and managing the diversity and inclusion guidelines of an organization. By encouraging corporate leadership to sustain a culture that supports this type of culture, HRMs are contributing to the organization’s ability to attract and retain a diverse workforce.
Imagine you are an HRM with a large company. Watch the following video titled Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
After you have watched the video, write a 3-page analysis that answers the questions below. Your analysis must support your plan for creating a diverse and inclusive workplace strategy within your organization. Provide 3 specific points from the questions answered that support your strategy. Each supporting point should be 2–3 paragraphs in length.
Deliverable Requirements: 10 questions from video in development
- When conducting a needs assessment, you can look at demographic data within your organization. You can also examine how your employees feel by collecting what types of cultural data?
- There are many protected classes under the Equal Employment Opportunity Act. Identify 3 classes.
- Identify 1 of the first steps in developing a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Identify 3 strategies for creating a culture of inclusion.
- Explain 2 strategies that can be implemented to ensure that your employees feel valued in the workplace.
- Explain why reducing turnover can be more cost effective than employee selection.
- Identify 2 strategies that will improve your organization’s selection strategy.
- As the HR manager, if you are going to change your HR practices, what would you need to address?
- What are 2–3 steps that you can take to evaluate the diversity and inclusion program within your organization?
- Identify 2 ways in which you can communicate the organization’s diversity and inclusion program.
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- Title page: Remember the running head. The title should be in all capitals.
- Length: 3 pages minimum
- Abstract: This is a summary of your paper, not an introduction. Begin writing in third person.
- Body: This begins on the page following the title page and abstract page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics, except as required for APA-level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 3 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference page: References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hanging indent, italics, and uppercase and lowercase usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."