Review the “Marketing Excellence: Microsoft” case study uploaded. This is comprised of two parts; one part respond to questions, and the other to complete a case analysis.
Evaluate this case and respond to each of the following questions using both theory and practical managerial thinking.
- Evaluate Microsoft’s product and marketing evolution over the years. What has the company done well, and where did it falter?
- Evaluate Microsoft’s recent expansion into areas such as search engines and smartphones. Do you think these are good areas of growth for Microsoft? Why, or why not?
- Review the potential ethical implications of Microsoft’s situation. How might they revise their strategies to align with good ethical practices?
Part 1 response must be at least two pages in length. Follow APA Style when creating citations and references for this assignment.
Complete a case analysis of Microsoft. This requires that you conduct research on Microsoft beyond the case study material uploaded. In the case analysis, look at the situational analysis, problem, and alternatives, and provide a recommendation. Refer to the instructions below as you construct your analysis.
- Situational Analysis
- Discuss the external environment through the compilation of a PEST (political, economic, sociocultural, and technology) analysis.
- Discuss the internal and external environment through the compilation of a SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats) analysis.
- Identify at least one organizational problem that Microsoft is currently having or one that you project it will have in the future. Base this on your research and critical thinking.
- Compile three or four potential marketing-related solutions to the problem above. Remember that these are potential alternatives; you will not select all of the alternatives to solve the problem.
- Recommendation (Marketing Strategy)
- Select one or two of the alternatives above to solve the problem that you identified in this case analysis.
- Discuss your rationale for choosing these and not the others. Include supporting research that will increase the depth of your analysis.
In order to successfully complete Part 2 of this case study, review any video database or learning guides.
Part 2 must be at least four pages in length. Follow APA Style when creating citations and references for this assignment. Support Part 2 with at least four sources. As aforementioned, keep in mind that Part 1 and Part 2 will be submitted in one document.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."