Chapter 5 introduced the Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs. The hierarchy includes five levels: 1) physiological, 2) safety, 3) belongingness, 4) ego needs, and 5) self-actualization. The hierarchical structure implies that the order of development is fixed – we must attain a certain level before we activate a need for the next, higher level. The lower-level needs must be satisfied before the consumer will be concerned about higher-level needs. This Hierarchy was published in the 1940s when internet and social media were a thing of distant future. And we didn’t experience an 18 months long pandemic (which unfortunately is still going strong).So, for your second discussion post, you are required to share your thoughts on how Social Media and Covid-19 pandemic have impacted the Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs? Please use the following prompts to structure your discussion (250 words)
- How has Social Media impacted Maslow’s (secondary) Hierarchy of needs?
- Does the hierarchy still hold, or has it evolved in the new connected world?
- How does Social Media help satisfy the different needs?
- How has the hierarchy evolved post COVID-19 pandemic?
- Is there a need to update the Maslow’s Hierarchy of Need? Add or Delete a level?
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."